Thursday, April 19, 2018

Day 19

So, I skipped over Day 18 as I am not quite satisfied with the poem I am working on for that prompt.  I will return to it soon (because it will drive me crazy to have left a blank spot!)

For today, the prompt is to take the word thread and add words in from of it to create the title of the poem...  then (obviously!) write the poem.



The Last Thread

seams that bore the weight
of our relationship
began to take our shape over time

carefully stitched, mended
when the fabric was stretched taut
I heard the sound of velvet tearing

there I was, trying
to keep this garment presentable
long past the point

it needed
to be ripped into strips, used
as dusting rags but I couldn’t notice

until the last thread had been broken

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 April PAD Challenge: Day 2

From Robert Lee Brewer's blog, Poetic Asides, "For today’s prompt, write a space poem." Acreage Endless skies spill over the...